Cantner’s Drug Store became a fixture of the Federalsburg landscape in 1920. The business originally owned by Pharmacist Paul C. Cantner was located at two different sites on Main Street. The second location near the intersection of Main Street and Central Avenue housed a pharmacy and a soda fountain.
In 1942 J. Walter Truitt bought the business, moved his family to Federalsburg and served as the Pharmacist until his death in 1955. Jim and June Truitt became the second generation owners of Cantner’s in 1956. The soda fountain was removed around 1957. In 1972 the business was relocated to the edge of town on Bloomingdale Avenue. After Jim’s “run” of 60 years behind the counter, Jim and June decided to sell the business in 2013. In the early 1980’s, Lisa Truitt Kloch became the third generation family member to serve the town of Federalsburg and the neighboring communities as a Phamacist.